Art and Sculpture in the Gardens
Dietrich sculpture

In the Perennial Garden, beside the rectangular pool, reflecting into the water, stands a sculpted depiction of a young mother and her two sons.

Made of stone quarried from Currie Park, this piece was created in the 1930s by George Adams Dietrich, Head of the Sculpture Department at the Layton School of Art (now the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design or MIAD). The piece was installed in the Perennial Garden in 1938.

Image 3 of 8

previous next
close window